Talay Wines & Vineyards
Talay Winery was established in Bozcaada (Tenedos) in 1948 as a family enterprise ,embodying vision of its founders Necati Talay and Hayati Talay brothers . Our winery has taken mission to carry on the future of ancient winemaking tradition of Bozcaada with technological breakthrough in 2000’s caught it’s age. Originally producing and trading wine in bulk ,the company started bottling wine in 1955 and has reached a capacity of 1,7 million litres after its modernization in 1999 .
Talay Winery produces most of its wines from Vasilaki, Karalahna and Karasakız (Kuntra) grapes grown on the family’s 40 hectares of vineyards. Talay produces 20 different wines from varieties grown in Bozcaada and Çanakkale region. Efforts had been very succesful results in producing wines from Cabernet Sauvignon ,Chardonnay ,Sauvignon Blanc,and Merlot grapes grown on family -owned vineyards.
Çavuş, Merlot, Zinfandel, Vasilaki, Şiraz, Tempranillo, Alicante, Kuntra (Karasakız), Malbec, Karalahna, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Hamburg Muscat are their products.
- Sulubahçe vineyards are in a valley with a decreasing inclination towards the south and the sea. This area has a calcareous soil structure and is open to southern winds.
- Kumdamlar area is by the sea in the north of Bozcaada and are established on a land with a 10% slope towards the east.The soil structure is sandy-clayey and very deep. It is open to northern winds and is established on land very suitable for late harvest.
- Almacık have calcareous soil. It is built on land that slopes towards the west. Most of our wine grape varieties are located in this region.
- Ova vineyards area are the base lands. These are open to northern winds and have a sandy-loam soil structure.
- Panayıriçi vineyards area are base lands. It is closed to all kinds of winds and is in the region with the deepest soil of Bozcaada. The soil of the region is loamy and allows Bozcaada to harvest at the latest. Especially in Kuntra, the local grape of Bozcaada , they are able to take the highest quality grape from this region.
Subscribe To Us
Thank you for your interest in subscribing. Your support as a subscriber enables Wine Anatolia to achieve our mission to speared this new wine taste to all over the world.
Share This Page
Please do not share with under the legal purchase age